Annual Day of Prayer for Priests
In 2002, the Catholic Church announced a special annual world priest day, a day of prayer for the sanctification of priests to be held on the feast of the Sacred Heart of Jesus.
The 2010 to 2011 ''Year of The Priests'' was a tremendous success worldwide. We are most grateful to all who participated in making this year of prayer such a special gift to all priests.
We are now especially interested in receiving messages from lay people young and old alike, to be viewed on line. We also ask priests to share their stories of ministry with their brother priests and the lay people of the world on line.
Today, together we confirm that the Holy Rosary is not a pious practice banished to the past, like prayers of other times thought of with nostalgia. Instead, the Rosary is experiencing a new Springtime. Read More >>
The Annual Global Rosary Relay for Priests
The Annual Global Rosary Relay idea is a simple one: in that each of the 85 participating shrines prays a particular mystery of the Rosary at a particular half hour on the day in thanksgiving to God for our priests and to implore the protection and loving care of Our Lady, Mother of all priests, for all her priestly sons. With the coming of midnight on the 27th June 2014, the entire world, by then, will have been encircled in prayer for our priests on this The Annual Rosary Relay Day.
Read more about the Annual Global Rosary Relay >>
How to Promote the Annual Global Rosary Relay
- Place a a notice in your Parish newsletter.
- Place a banner advertisement on you Diocesan or Parish website.
- Text all your friends about the Rosary Relay.
- Email all your contacts with the good news and invite them to participate.
- Follow us on Twitter, Facebook & YouTube
- Place an advertisement notice in your Diocesan newspaper.
- Send a copy of the news release to your local newspapers.
- Download the promotional material and circulate where appropriate.